We Are Kin (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm): 0204 524 7035
Your Kin Keeper is our person on the ground who is there to help with as many issues as possible as quickly as possible.
They are also the emergency Out of Hours contact. You can call them at any time using our main numbers.
Out of hours Kin Keepers are there to respond to emergencies only.
Calls Out Of Hours which are not an emergency will incur a £40 charge for the Kin Keeper’s time.
If you insist on an out of hours callout for a non-emergency issue this will be charged at £80.
Non-emergency maintenance issues should always be logged through your app. Emergency maintenance issues should also be logged through your app as well as calling the Kin Keeper if required.
Lincoln – Alan: 0204 524 7035
Liverpool, Preston, Lancaster – Neal: 0204 524 7035
Manchester – Gary: 0204 524 7035
What is an Emergency?
An emergency is a situation where the building is under threat of significant damage or is unsafe. In most cases we will carry out work quickly to prevent further damage or to make safe with the full repair being assessed during normal working hours.
For guidance the following would constitute an emergency;
- Immediate danger to a resident’s safety or serious damage to the building
- Gas leak/emergency – in first instance contact National Grid on 0800 111999
- A serious water leak that cannot be contained and is causing damage to the property. I.E a significant flooding event.
- Complete failure of electrics (power supplier to be first point of contact). This does not include tripped circuit breakers which just need to be turned back on.
- Breakdown of heating in sub-zero temperatures at the start of a weekend/holiday
- A sounding fire/intruder alarm that cannot be silenced
- Lock out of property where student is rendered vulnerable
- Please note – in most circumstances, loss of heating or hot water is not treated as an emergency and will normally be attended on the next working day.
If a problem that you have reported is due to lack of care or misuse by you or other residents occupying the property, you will be charged for the cost of putting it right.
Our key holders do hold spare keys in case of an emergency maintenance issue. Our contractors may still need to gain access via residents to make the necessary repairs.
It is therefore in your best interest to be available for appointments made with contractors to ensure the repairs are carried out as quickly as possible.